Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Left overs never looked so good ...



When I think of Christmas and Thanksiving, our big turkey days, I look forward to two things. The first is spending the day in the kitchen making a gourmet meal to share with friends and family and the other is left overs. Oh to dream of turkey sandwiches ... cold slathered in mayo and pepper or hot dripping in thick juicy gravy. Makes your mouth water just thinking of it.

It also reminds me of a little place that I used to like to eat in. It was a little cafe down some stairs on Fort Street here in Victoria. It was owned by a friends sister and she made the best turkey panini I have ever eaten. It's been a long time since I've eaten there, now that I can't eat anything on the menu and now that they've moved to a new location, however, I still remember their food fondly.

What better way to use up some left over turkey (sadly, a rare occurrence around here) then to make the best gluten free turkey sandwich ever.



Turkey Sandwich

1 Gluten Free Focaccia Bread or Chick Pea Bun from Panne Rizo
Some left over Turkey
1 tablespoon of Cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
A handful of fresh Spinach
1-3 slices of Provolone Cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Simply layer the ingredients like so: mayo, turkey, salt/pepper, cranberry sauce, spinach and cheese either between two pieces of focaccia bread or open faced on a bun and grill (or broil) until all the cheese is melted. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment