Monday, October 31, 2011

Grain Free Pumpkin Waffles



Fall is officially here. Well it’s been here for a while now, but I’ve been run off my feet doing so many things I haven’t had a whole lot of time to enjoy it. I love the colours that fall brings in the ever changing trees. They are so bright and beautiful. I only wish I was back east where their forests are more deciduous so I could take better pictures. Here those darn evergreen/coniferous trees keep trying to sneak in the way.


Fall also brings pumpkins, ginger and cinnamon back into the mix, so warm and inviting. So the thought of pumpkin waffles naturally crossed my mind. The only thing is that I have a wonderful machine that I haven’t been able to figure out to date. However, this past weekend, I did it! I successfully made waffles that weren’t burnt to a crisp and hard as a rock in my Hulk Hogan Grill. I love this grill … I used to have a George Forman Grill (equally as nice) but after years of service it finally kicked the bucket. When I went to replace it, I decided to replace it with an all in one grill and those are hard to find. But I found the Hulk Hogan grill that has grill plates, griddle plate and waffle plates. Woo hoo …

Then of course these days I’m trying to lean towards grain free, so what sort of waffle should I make? Well I found this recipe (below) and tweaked it a bit and it turned out great. C said it tasted like banana bread, which I love, so I bet mashed bananas could make a great replacement for the pumpkin if desired. Try it out and let me know how it goes!


Grain Free Pumpkin Waffles
- based on this recipe http://grainfreerecipes.com/my-secret-recipe-for-waffles/

Ingredients:

1 cup almond flour
1 cup flax seed meal
½ cup Palm Sugar
4 eggs
½ cup butter
½ cup canned Pumpkin
4 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Allspice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt


Directions:

Preheat waffle iron to 265 degrees F.  In a large bowl, melt butter. Then add eggs, pumpkin, and water and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cook on waffle iron for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Top with butter, maple syrup and pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment