Sunday, November 27, 2011

Rawthentic Eatery Uncooking Classes


There is only one restaurant in the area that hasn’t gotten me sick on a regular basis, even though they all try to accommodate me, and that is Rawthentic Eatery. The raw food diet is naturally gluten free being based solely on nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I really like some of the raw foods that lend to extending my gluten free repertoire.  

So I’ve been super excited to be going to the Rawthentic Eatery uncooking classes. They have been offering 2 hour cooking classes, taught by Deborah, twice a month and range from $25-$35 plus taxes. I love these classes because Deborah demonstrates exactly how to make each recipe, showing you the consistency of flax meal flour and other ingredients as she goes along and answers lots of questions. Then at the end of the demonstration we all get to eat the food. She purposely picks items that will make a meal.


One class I went to was sprouted buckwheat bread, cashew mayo, Thai kelp noodle salad and banana ice cream. They made the bread into a sandwich, so at the end of the class we had sandwiches, salad and ice cream. The ice cream was a huge hit. Last week I attended a class and learned how to make wraps, hummus (without chickpeas), and raspberry cheesecake. So again it was made into a full meal at the end of the class. I keep making the mistake of eating before coming to class and then get so full at the end of it.

 

There next class is December 7th, 2011 and it’s all raw Christmas desserts. I can’t wait! They in know way asked me to promote their restaurant or classes, but I have just been enjoying them so much that I wanted to share with those of you that might be local and who might want to try it out. If you would like more information their website is: http://www.rawthenticeatery.com/ Unfortunately they are not very good at keeping it up to date. The courses listed are from last year. However, they do have a mailing list that you can sign up for and it is always up to date

No comments:

Post a Comment