Monday, April 2, 2012

Serious Coffee


Image taken from http://www.seriouscoffee.com/

A few years ago, I travelled to Australia for a wedding. While I was there I discovered that Australia is MILES ahead of Canada in the world of gluten free offerings. One more of the more noticeable details, for me, was that all of the coffee shops had at least one gluten free treat … even if it was just a cookie. That was incredibly helpful because if you were in an area that was low on the gluten free restaurants you and no grocery stores, well you knew you could at least get a quick snack to tide you over.

That lovely little treat is hard to find in Canada, but one coffee chain here on Vancouver Island has started catering to those of us with gluten aversions. Serious Coffee’s up and down Vancouver Island all carry Laughing Daughters Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf and Ginger Cookie. Recently they’ve brought out a coconut chocolate chip shortbread cookie, yum. Now they carry two more products by Sweets From The Earth: Chocolate Chewy Nut Bar and Brownie. Both companies are dedicated gluten free facilities so there are no worries about cross contamination. They also carry an in-house gluten free cookie but I haven’t tried that yet and probably never will, as I prefer the safety of products made in dedicated facilities.

Image taken from http://www.seriouscoffee.com/

To top it all off Serious Coffee carries Almond Milk. So if you are lactose intolerant and allergic to Soy like I am, you can get your Chai Tea Latte made with almond milk. I love Serious Coffee because they try and they are the only chain out there (that I’ve found) that carries gluten free treats that are actually treats and not just a bag of fruit or nuts :) I only wish there were more of your stores!

p.s. My blog isn't know enough to get offers of money or product to advertise, so this is just a freebie for a company I think is doing a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment