Sunday, August 26, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie (Dairy Free/Gluten Free)


Have you ever thought you knew a quote or something from your past without flaw or error to only find out later that it’s totally wrong? I just found that out now! I swore I remember watching one of my favourite British Comedies, Red Dwarf, when I was in college and a quote that used my name in it, stuck in my head. I thought it was hilarious and so true.

If you know the show, Rimmer was talking to Lister and said something along the lines of (at least I thought he did), “Lister, you don’t like Kochanski, you like someone named ‘Tiffany’ who lives on a corner and drinks orange soda.” I knew there was a few other bits in there but I had forgotten the details. My name is Tiffany, I lived on a corner house when I heard this and orange pop is my ultimate soda flavour. Of course I’d think it coincidence and hilarious.

Well, I went to dig up that quote for this blog and found it to be completely different from what my head had made it up to be. It actually goes like this:

RIMMER
  Your type isn't Kochanski, Listy.  It's someone called 'Tiffany'.  It's
someone who drinks Campari and soda and wears orange crotchless panties;
someone who thinks Deely-boppers are funny; someone who says 'sumfink'
instead of *something*, and laughs like a freshly wounded moose strapped to
a cement mixer.

LISTER
  This from a man who's had less sex than a lettuce...

Not even close! Sheesh. Well I still love orange flavoured things and besides orange pop, I used to love orange creamsicles.

Here is a dairy free orange creamsicle smoothie for a very refreshing breakfast treat!

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie

1 frozen banana (peeled)
2 fresh navel oranges
2 cups almond milk
1-tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1-2 dates (remove pits)

Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and silky. Add less almond milk for a thicker smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment