Monday, November 5, 2012

Iced Pumpkin Cookies


Sometimes you just need to bake something sweet and indulgent to make yourself feel better. My boyfriend and I are long distance relationship’ing it while he goes back to school. After a short but wonderful weekend visit, I was sad to see him go. So to console myself I returned to my kitchen … that has been much neglected with all my work travels of late, and made some iced cookies. They are delicious, soft and oh so pumpkiny … which I love and I hope you do too!



Pumpkin Cookie

2 ½ cups Bob Red Mills gluten free all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoons ground nutmeg

½ teaspoon cloves

½ teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
½ cup butter (softened)

1 cup cane sugar

1 can (398 ml) canned pumpkin puree

1 egg

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

½ cup raisons (optional)
¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)

Cinnamon Vanilla Butter Cream Icing

½ cup of vegetable shortening
½ cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4-5 cups of icing sugar
2 tablespoons of water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, throw all ingredients in and mix well. Scoop with a large spoon onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Top with icing*.

Icing … soften butter to room temperature and then add remaining ingredients and mix well.

* I actually had left over icing that I froze in an airtight container. I just let this defrost and iced the cookies. It was perfect and easy and I still had some left over icing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment